Wednesday, September 09, 2009@ 8:42 PM by DRUSILLA CHOO
Hello people! Have been attending my internship orientation for the past 2 and a half days and I finally started work today. Think it was too much for me to handle. Im in dining reservations and I need to answer enquiries and make reservations via a computer reservation system. Sounds easy right? But its totally not! Because there's EIGHTEEN F&B OUTLETS in Raffles Hotel and i've to know everything about them. Ranging from cuisines offered to prices, operating hours, location and dress code. They've got like breakfast, lunch, dinner, high tea, brunch all that and certain outlet opens for dinner during weekends while some don't. Some outlet don't offer lunch during weekdays. Some outlets have buffets, some are ala carte. Different outlets have different dress code and so on and so forth. So its really very confusing for me. When you speak to the guest on the phone, you've to use proper telephone techniques so sometimes I know the answer to the question but I used the wrong words/phrases. I really hope i'll pick things up fast.
Yesterday we went for a tour around the hotel and Im super amazed by how gorgeously grand and historical the hotel is. This 16 of September which is Lee Kuan Yew's birthday and Mel lim birthday is also Raffles Hotel 122nd birthday! COOL~
I really say it is a must go once in a lifetime people! They've got the museum where they displayed real historic items 100 years ago! A victorian hall that really looked like you're watching a show many years ago. Everything is so damn real. Totally like living back in the 1950s yet with a pinch of luxury. I kept on going wow wow and wow. The most expensive suite costs around $7000+ per night! Michael Jackson stayed before during his last concert tour in Singapore.
Sarkies Suite that has a kitchen, living room, dining area, 2 bedrooms and toilets.
Super duper big!!
I secretly took a few pictures with my handphone during the tour. Hehe. And then through this orientation, we get to know really cool people such as the wine director, executive chef, somelier, concierge.. They're all so nice!
I really felt that im learning so much and its really challenging.
Im so tired everyday because i've still been going out in the middle of the night and then wake up early for work. These few days, if i stare in space for less than 5 minutes, i can fall asleep! But still, i like this type of life because i don't want to be only mugging for work and neglect play time/chill out time.
Anyway, i hope my friends are all doing great for their first day of work!
Say YAY to off days on Saturday, Sunday and Monday! HEHEHE.
Okay im starving, gotta prepare some food now. Good bye!
I gotta feeling..
Comments: 0 comments | Leave a comment


