New year, new beginning.
Saturday, January 02, 2010@ 3:23 AM by DRUSILLA CHOO
HELLO 2010 :)
I had a smashing cool experience working on New Year's Eve till New Year. Thought I would feel groggy for the day since bf and friends were out together while I was at work :( But not at all! Pretty quiet restaurant as we were only open for drinks to public instead of buffet dinner. The bartender and my headwaitress gave me the opportunity to make Singapore Sling from scratch using the original recipe. My colleague even videoed the whole process for me. Turns out the cocktail tasted nice but not the colour of it (a lil dull).
Me and my first Singapore Sling made!
The Bar & Billiard Room - Total Perfect Ambience
I was about to pour champagnes for the guest sitting at the Garden Terrace and poof went the fireworks. It was a signal of 12am, 2010. Saw an amazing view of it live and even captured it on video for a whole good 5 mins till the guest was asking my colleague for the champagne which I was still holding on to it. hahaha. Hope you guys had a great countdown party!
Shortly, staff party begins at my restaurant serving only champagnes and pizzas but every staff had fun toasting, exchanging handshakes and hugs. I think I shook more than 100 hands and hugged about 20 :) Including the General Manager of Raffles Hotel, so damn honoured really. It was really heartwarming and I like it how every staff were bonded together and it felt as if we feel great to work on New Year.
Sad news when I came to work today and our manager told us that the assistant manager of another restaurant outlet passed away midnight due to an accident. I was still shaking hands with him wishing him Happy New Year the night before and the next moment, he left the world with his family behind(few small children). Isn't life { this } unpredictable. You just never know what will happen next and it kind of scares me :(
After work at 6, went for dinner with bf's family, Longbeach@East Coast. Look at the yummy licious chilli crab.

Even the appearance of the dish is appetising, unlike cooked messily in other restaurants.
Anyway, not too late to come up with a couple of New Year Resolutions:
1) Know what I want to do after I graduate, be it to work or to study and what job or course. This is my utmost priority.
2) Go for a holiday very soon (by April 2010).
3) Exercise more often and follow an exercise regime.
4) Improve complexion of my face which means better facial care.
5) Save more money but also spend more to pamper myself. hee.
6) A new phone which I really really want or dream of getting. (in case you guys don't know, I sold the E63 without charging or on it before).
7) A real good camera of my own.
8) Not to lose any stuff for the whole year of 2010 (even not so impt stuff). Think this resolution is with me every year man. *super challenging*
9) A more tidy room but I really need bigger space in my room for this. *also super challenging*
10) A diploma holder with no bad records in school.
11) Find a BFF (I mean real BFF).
12) Smooth sailing army life for bf so less worries for me.
13) Achieve a 3rd year with bf.
14) Parents to have better luck so they'll stop nagging.
15) Couple of sisters outings, be it shopping or eating.
Okay 15 is quite a lot, these are all what's on my mind and these are all what I really really want to achieve. For those who have yet to come up with your 2010 goals, what are yours?
Comments: 0 comments | Leave a comment



